Accounting Assistant Position Description Summary
Franchise Service Options is growth-oriented and has a successful track record, the opportunities presented to its employees or development and advancement are only limited by the ability, ambition and results of the employees.
The position of Accounting Assistant will generally report to an individual at the Senior Accountant level. The successful individual in this position will generally have at least an associates degree in accounting or finance and/or working experience in an accounting department or as a bookkeeper.
Qualifications also include an understanding of general bookkeeping and transaction recording, the ability to work with spreadsheets (especially MS Excel), and attention to detail.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of payroll
- Preparation of payroll related reports and tax filings
- Review and/or coding of accounts payable invoices
- Entry of accounts payable information into accounting system
- Processing of accounts payable payments
- Reconciliation of accounts related to the areas worked in (i.e. A/P, payroll taxes, etc.)
- Processing and management of the fixed asset system
- Processing and review of daily sales reporting inputs
- Reporting to clients on internal control issues relating to cash shortages
- Interaction with store and regional managers on issues relating to the above
As these skills are developed and mastered, the typical accounting assistant receives additional exposure and training with the goal of promotion to the Staff Accountant position. With this additional training, successful Accounting Assistants will be able to substantially manage the accounting processes of small to mid-size clients with a minimal level of supervision and assistance.
If you are interested in further exploring employment with Franchise Service Options please:
Click here for a printable application you can mail in or fax OR
Email your resume and cover letter to Lynn Benz at [email protected] OR
FAX your resume and cover letter to Lynn Benz at (608) 661-0154