Being overweight has been a common concern for the people all over the world. Increase in the intake of junk food has been a major factor. Humans use food as a substitute to fill the void space in his or her heart at one point or another. Excess weight increases the risk of serious illness such as cancer, diabetes and heart diseases which can be fatal. To keep you healthy and live longer, he or she needs to keep a check on their weight.
There are different ways by which a person can lose weight, and one of the best ways to do it is exercising yoga. Yoga is a useful activity which can help you lose weight, if you take it seriously and put your heart and soul into doing it. The ace that yoga carries is that it psychologically sets you up for weight loss, providing a solid foundation for your whole lifestyle. The deep breathing which forms an essential part of yoga exercise helps to improve one’s strength and concentration, both being vital ingredients of willpower.
Keeping your mind relaxed by meditating everyday gives a boost to your self esteem. People try to meditate, but fail most of the time because their mind tends to wander to the problems they are facing, thus failing to reach the point of true meditation. Yoga teaches you the perfect way to meditate. If you are constantly fatigued you will tend to gain weight at a much faster rate. Yoga improves the blood circulation and increases your energy level, driving away the lethargic effect. It even increases the speed of metabolism which strengthens you muscles and makes you more defined and stronger.
Yoga is an ancient Indian meditation art which is very effective to lose the extra flab from your body. It manages the weight of your body according to your height and lifestyle. The fat cells of the body are burnt by the extra intake of oxygen through deep breathing. Sometimes overeating is a result of anxiety which can be overcome through yoga exercise. There are yoga asana (positions) which help in the weight loss by increasing the hormonal secretion of lethargic thyroid glands.
What to Do:
– Yoga asana Postures like Bhujangasana, Veerasana, Paschimottanasana, Halasana and many others are particulars for weight loss. Following them regularly will definitely show results in weight loss.
– For thyroid patients who have abnormal weight gain, they are asked to exercise Sarvangasana and Matasyasana as they are good for checking the hormonal secretion of the thyroid glands.
– Surya Namaskar, which is the salutation of the sun, done along with the other yoga asana plays an important role in weight reduction.
– Practicing the different types of Pranayamas like Bhastrika and Kapalabhatti regularly better your muscle tone and help reduce weight too.
– Eating healthy food and fat free meals is also necessary.
– There are certain Kriyas to clean your body which also take part in the reduction of your weight. Shanka Prakshalana and Vaman Dhauti are the common Kriyas.